We worked ON Valentine’s Day to create this cute little something to give to Daddy as a present. If we had made it any sooner, it wouldn’t have been a Valentine’s surprise, because Buga can’t keep a secret like that! We started the interview last week for this week’s project and I just love how it turned out. I will include the writing prompts I used in case you want to do something like this with your little one in the future.
1. Cut out a paper heart whatever size you wish.
2. Glue tissue squares to the heart cutout, trying to cover the entire paper. We both contributed to this process because I wanted it to be completely covered, but you can let your little one do this job by him/herself if you would rather. This process works fine motor skills, patience, and coordination.
3. Make sure you cover the whole heart. It’s okay if the tissue paper overlaps and hangs off the paper.
4. Turn the heart over and trim (or have your little one trim) the excess tissue paper. I found the tissue to be a little to sticky and tricky for Buga to do this by herself, so I helped.
5. This is what the heart will look like when it’s done! <3
6. On a larger piece of blank paper, I traced the heart so I knew where the heart would be. I made a scalloped edging with a Sharpie. I then wrote Buga’s interview answers around the heart, separating them with a <3>
7. We glued the heart onto the paper where the outline was.
I think it turned out cute – cute enough for Daddy to hang up at work….which he did bring it with him this morning, so he must have liked it a lot (enough to remember it before he left for work!) — what really makes it special are the sweet answers that Buga gave to the interview prompts. Something so sweet for him to read and be reminded of on a hard day.
These were Buga’s Answers to “Her Daddy Interview” :
I like it when Daddy and I…go to the park together.
I love when Daddy…draws with me – especially about the bank (his work).
I love Daddy as much as…Me.
I like to help Daddy…shovel the snow.
Daddy is special to me because…he’s really special.
It makes me happy when…Daddy drives me to the aquarium.
Daddy is as sweet as…a cookie.
I love Daddy so much because…he’s my best friend.
I like when Daddy and I play…zoo and when we play in the sandbox making cake and cookies together.
1. I like it when Daddy/Mommy and I…
2. I love when Daddy/Mommy…
3. I love Daddy/Mommy as much as…
4. I like to help Daddy/Mommy…
5. Daddy/Mommy is special to me because…
6. It makes me happy when Daddy/Mommy…
7. Daddy/Mommy is as sweet as…
8. I love Daddy/Mommy so much because…
9. I like when Daddy/Mommy and I play…