Quick Facts About Me
- I LOVE Words. Quotes. Writing. Lettering. Magnetic Poetry. Spoken Word. Verse. Movie Lines. Lyrics. Magazine clips and phrases. Advertisements. Fonts.
- My favorite food is SALAD.
- I LOVE Nature.
- I am kind of a toy and children’s literature connoisseur.
- I have a huge supply of arts and crafts materials at home because my creativity is such a huge part of my inner self.
- I love the idea of messy, explorative play…….in theory.
- I LOVE to go on adventures near and far with my little ones and I am always capturing the journey with photographs.
*Scroll below for more details on these quick facts!
– My Story –
I believe in connection and PlayFULL living. In showing up, Messy. All of my passions have become integral pieces to the work that I do in business and in real life.
I believe in natural-ish living without it taking over my sanity.
And I believe in communication and connection.
And intentional parenting, living, and loving.
I do not have all the answers. I am not an expert. But I do love to nurture brave conversations and to show up authentically. I enjoy the sharing of ideas, creating connections, and learning collaboratively.
I love inspiring others to embrace their Whole, Beautiful, Messy lives.
It is my mission to inspire others to live fiercely, intentionally, and bravely. To live Self-passioned, Self-reflective, PlayFULL, and Authentically in community with the SELF first and in connection with others. It is my mission to help create a compassionate culture – not just for myself, but for other grown-ups, and for young people as well.
I don’t hang out in the shallow end much. I pretty much swim in the deep end.
I’ve persevered through tumultuous relationships and hard life decisions. I have lived with depression, post-traumatic stress, anxiety, and panic attacks and have, somehow, found my way through the fog. I have come through the darkness more grounded, more aligned, with more love, compassion, acceptance and light for myself and my people. With the help of wise women, more tools, and self-reflection I have made the necessary shifts to become a cycle breaker. Though that was never a title I set out to claim.
My journey is a tale of self-directed empowerment. These are the pieces of my resilience story. Only after I made space for the lessons and the deeper Knowing did I truly begin to exit the fog.
I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned, the connections I have built, and the internal flame that I have rediscovered. May you find solidarity in my work – pieces of yourself. May you find more tools to help you live more intentionally, more bravely, and more playFULLy in community with your Self and your people.
With warmth and Love,
– Get to Know Me More –
- LOVE Words. Quotes. Writing. Lettering. Magnetic Poetry. Spoken Word. Verse. Movie Lines. Lyrics. Magazine clips and phrases. Advertisements. Fonts. I used to have cookie trays hanging all around my room in high school with magnetic poetry all over them. I always have a stash of magazine clippings to turn into found art / poetry. Words are one of the ways I PLAY with the world around me. And I am learning more and more how valuable and important words are.
- My favorite food is SALAD. My kids think I’m crazy for this, but it’s true. Salad is so versatile. Arugula with beets, pears, goat cheese, champagne vinaigrette. Spinach salad with tomatoes, basil, balsamic glaze. Fruit salad with yogurt drizzled on top. Macaroni salad with peas or broccoli. There are so many twists on “salad”. Yum!
- I LOVE Nature. Being outside, barefoot, with the sun shining on my face and seeing the clouds overhead bring me joy….and peace. When I need to be reminded of my roots and wings, I find a peace of nature to delve into my subconscious.
- I am kind of a toy and children’s literature connoisseur. Not only do I make them, but I have always been interested in playthings and open-ended, imaginative, utilizations so I have my own collection. I also have roots in early childhood development and education so I often collect items around a certain theme to explore with together. I love sensory play and have fairly high standards of what I look for in the perfect play things. I love giving recommendations and finding (or creating) new favorites!
- I have a huge supply of arts and crafts materials at home because my creativity is such a huge part of my inner self. When I am having a hard time, big feelings, or need to vent, I often pull out art materials to help me process my way through them. I have bookshelves of paints, glues, tapes, markers, oil pastels, paper, gems, loose parts, and randomly found and collected.
- I love the idea of messy, explorative play…….in theory. But I actually have an extremely difficult anxiety block when it comes to mess-making. It’s something that I have worked really intentionally to move through. I have written a blog post about it here (http://mamamayiblog.blogspot.com/2018/01/embrace-mess-how-to-not-stress-when.html)
- I LOVE to go on adventures near and far with my little ones and I am always capturing the journey with photographs. We love combining them, journaling them, sometimes writing stories about our adventures, and then flipping through them all snuggled up. Photo-journaling has helped me recognize my own growth and transformation. It is such a tangible way to see where you have come from and where you are headed.